There are times when Google Maps does not recognise an address. This results in the location of your building being displayed incorrectly on Realla generated marketing collateral.
Let's look at a real example.
- The address below is of a petrol station located in Leicester.
- As you can see from the Google map & streetview image below, the address has been recognised incorrectly. This is clearly not a petrol station.
With a bit of patience, this can easily be fixed!
- First, check that you have entered the address of the building, correctly.
- If the address is indeed correct, the next step is to manually find the building in Google maps.
- Make sure you are within the instruction, and currently viewing the location tab.
- Under the address section, click the edit address button then click on next.
- As you can see from the image below, despite the address being correct (Dysart Way) Google has incorrectly pinned the location of the building (Syston Street).
- Before you begin the search for your building, switch the map view to satellite and enable labels.
- Google labels roads, streets, prominent buildings & key amenities. If your building is a prominent building or a key amenity chances are, that it has been labelled on Google maps.
- To navigate the Google map, simply click and drag the mouse cursor.
- To change the location of the building, simply click and drag the pin. Once you are happy with location of the pin, click the finish button to save your changes.
- The Google map images are now correctly displaying the petrol station.
With a bit of patience and a keen eye, you should be able to locate your building very quickly.